Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos Being Shortened In Wmp!?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 n10doefrk

n10doefrk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

Ok, here goes.

On my old computer, I remember videos working fine. Then they stop working properly. The video plays normal, but instead of the video length being like 20 minutes, it shows it as like 2 or 3 minutes. When you manually click a spot in the video, it takes you to the point that would normally be in that click spot of the whole video, but then continues playing out in the shortened time. That's hard to understand, but here's what would happen. I start the 20:00 minute video, and it begins to play normally, except that it shows the total duration as like 2 minutes. The completion bar at the bottom moves along at the 2 minute video pace. It gets halfway, I click right on its spot, so in a normal video it would track to the same spot it was already at on my click. But in the glitched videos, it takes me to the 10:00 minute mark of the 20:00 minute video, and goes 1:00 minute past that, but crawls at the 2:00 minute pace and ends, making the rest of the video impossible to see.

Fast forward:

New computer, old hard drive inside with a new hard drive. Videos from both hard drives are working perfectly, even the ones that were glitched before. Yesterday the videos on the old hard drive that were glitched revert to glitched form, as well as some on the new hard drive, even though they had worked perfectly the day before. I have no viruses or malware of any kind that I can detect, the only software change to my computer was installing Soundforge 7.0 on the new hard drive, which the old hard drive also had.

Well that's my problem, and I can't figure out how to fix it. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corbin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:07 AM

:thumbsup: to BC, n10doefrk

That happened to me once to, but only for one .avi file, the rest were fine. Funnily enough, if i played the file with another program, it still happened! So i gave up and just let it play without fast forwarding or anything :flowers:

My Wmp is also acting up, if it is enlarged and i maximise another window, the window will not take over, instead it is behind wmp. I have to minimise Wmp to see thew window.

Anyone a Windows Media Player expert out there?
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users