Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Find My Message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alpadilla

alpadilla

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:39 AM

I left a message about needing a driver for a HP deskjet 842C ... someone responded with info about where to go, so I went and downloaded the software BUT cannot find it on my computer in order to install and try the printer. (I searched my computer for dj888en and dj888en.exe and nothing came up.)

In the meantime I lost the message containing the web address because my computer had one of those insanely stupid main module errors which messed up my ISP installment. So, I had to delete and re-install that ... so I lost the message!

I cannot even find the Drivers forum... I THINK that might be where the message is! I tried to search for my name AND still didn't find the message.

What do I need? Well, I need to know how I find this driver and make the computer use it instead of a CD which I do not have.

Any help is IMMENSELY appreciated!

AL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

Here is the link for downloading the driver for HP Deskjet 842C.
Right Click and choose "Save As" and download to your Desktop.
HP Deskjet 842C Driver
After downloading you should be able to find it on your Desktop.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:14 AM

You've only made 2 posts on this board, besides this one.
Here are links to your other 2 posts:
#563407 - in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum
#254525 - in the Hardware forum
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

Windows XP has the drivers for the 840/841/842 built into the os. if you are using usb or a good IEEE1284 parallel cable, XP should detect and install automatically.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users