Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam Issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

i have bought my web cam (its a SPEED s4800B usb webcam) and i have lost the cd with the driver on it. i have recently reformatted my computer and can not install the web cam because i dont have the driver. i have searched all over the internet but have had no luck finding the necessary driver for my webcam. can anyone help me please i would really like to use it in the next few days. would be much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

rex all i can find ( besides listings on websites for it being sold ) is that it looks like it's distributed by a company called Alepine. unfortunately i could not get their homepage to load only a google cache page.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#3 ReX

ReX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

yeh i came across that website aswell but it wouldn't load on my computer either. i dont know whats wrong hopefully the site gets back up in the next few days. thx heapz ill keep checkin that website until it starts workin again

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

ReX, did you purchase this webcam from an online store? If not couldn't you return to the store you brought it from with receipt or proof of purchase and see if they have a spare disc there and grovel with them? Perhaps there might be a driver CD floating around there on its own due to products being returned as faulty. Its a long shot but its worth a try.

As a part time job I used to work for a an electrical store, on numerous occasions some items would be discounted price due to parts missing or faulty e.g a camcorder was sold at a knock down price as it was missing, all cables, and accessories and things like cd's with drivers were just binned!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Have you tried here:
Drivers-guide.com
You have to sign up, but it's free
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 NitsujX

NitsujX

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

Drivers Guide doesn't have it...I just spent a good while looking through the entire internet for the drivers...I'm surprised I didn't get a message congratulating me for 'reaching the end of the internet.'
Really, you may be able to find a driver that'll work from a different webcam. Just try out a few...

#7 neel436

neel436

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

Hello,
did anyone manage to find the driver for this?

#8 rosokan

rosokan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

If anyone is still looking for this driver, email me and I might be able to help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users