Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This A False Positive Or Trojan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erict91

erict91

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I am wondering wheather I have a false positive or a real trojan , heres story:

I try to start a game called counter strike that runs off of a program called steam. Everytime i try doing so, a thing from norton says that it has blocked a trojan virus, and that my computer is safe. When it does this, it stops the game from starting. I go to the log to figure out where this trojan is. This is the directory i get C:\Documents and Settings\hp owner\Local Settings\Temp\~57A.tmp Then I check that directory , and there is no such file there.

Is this a false positive? Is it a trojan? If it is a trojan, do you know how to remove it?

Thanks alot :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

Run a scan of your machine with the F Secure Online Scanner Have it clean anything that it finds.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

If you want to run that scan you need to use internet explorer, it will not recognize firefox.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users