Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Keeps Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coyoteangela2003

coyoteangela2003

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

i was doing a system restore ony computer. then it rebooted came back on and than it started rebooting on its own continuesly. now all it does is reboot it does not take any disks cd's or any thing. It will not even go on safe mode.I think it could of possibly been turned off while preforming the system restore.please help me i am desperate!! if you need any more infor i will provide

Edited by coyoteangela2003, 07 July 2007 - 07:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

First make sure there isn't anything in any drives CD's floppy, USB thumb or hard drives. When it's rebooting and the screen goes blank and starts up again, Start tapping the F8 key continuously as soon as you hear the post beep. If that doesn't work, try entering the BIOS by doing the same thing only use the key for your machine to enter the BIOS (most desktops are "delete"). If you can get into the BIOS, set your CD drive as first in the boot sequence. If that works save changes in the BIOS and load your XP CD and do a repair install
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 coyoteangela2003

coyoteangela2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

ok i tried to put the cd as the first one in the biosscreen. but it is not staying booted long enough to read the the backup cd i burned. i was messing around with it before you responded and got a screen that said c0000135 (unable to locate componant)this application failed to start because winsrv was not found re-installing this application may fix the problem. i t will let me in bios and the f5 the safe mode screen but after you leave those applications it reboots

Edited by coyoteangela2003, 07 July 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#4 coyoteangela2003

coyoteangela2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

can i go to safe mode and put the disk in will it work as efficient?

#5 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

Have you tried putting the disk in the PC, and letting it reboot with the CD in?

#6 coyoteangela2003

coyoteangela2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

yes i did and it did not work.
i think this being in safe mode picked up the cd and has me in set up
but should i repair or set up from scratch cause i think my whole system was wiped out

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

I'd suggest a repair install of XP: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 siouxdax

siouxdax

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:36 AM

I'm no techie, but my PC did that to me once, and it turned out that the processors automatically updated their drivers, which caused it to reboot on a loop. The tech guy told me if it were to ever happen again to just go into safe mode and roll back the driver(s) on your processor(s)...

Like I said, I'm no techie, but I'm just trying to pass along what little I do know. :thumbsup:

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users