Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get A Full Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dtop

dtop

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

I am running two browsers; Verizon w/Yahoo and Firefox on my XP home edition. Today for some reason while I was on Firefox a pop-up window appeared and asked if I wanted Firefox as my default browser. I have seen this before and I always declined. Today I figured I use Firefox more so I clicked on yes. Ever since I did that I don't have a full screen. The bottom 1/3 of the screen is plank, right about the task bar. I can't move it to a full screen and all my other screens are OK. I even did a system restore to a date before I accepted Firefox as my default and that didn't work.
Can anyone get my screen back for me??? Thank you
Have a great day,
Dtop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

I'd suggest a free online scan for malware first:

http://safety.live.com (requires IE)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

After that, I'd try uninstalling Firefox, removing the Firefox directories from Program Files and your user profile (save your bookmarks first), and then reinstalling with a fresh copy of Firefox. Could be corruption of Firefox that has caused this (presuming that it's only occurring in Firefox).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

Thank you John,
That did the trick......the uninstall and install fixed my problem. The problem was only on Firefox and now it is performing like it was before.
Thank you for your help, this site and the people are great :thumbsup:
Have a great day,
Dtop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users