Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 & Wlm Randomly Disconnect At The Same Time! Grrr!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SLT7

SLT7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi everyone!

I really hope someone out there can help me out with this, because itís driving me insane! I have searched and searched through endless forums and websites trying to find a solution, but I canít seem to find one.

Iíve got a brand new computer, running Vista Home Premium, and from the moment I got it I have been having problems with Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Live Messenger.

I can surf the net and chat on WLM at the same time for hours on end, but at random, I start to get ďInternet Explorer cannot display this pageĒ and at the exact same time, WLM disconnects. Itís not always the same websites that causes it, and it doesnít happen every time, like I said itís just really random.

I donít think itís an actual connection problem, because when it happens, AIM and other stuff, like Outlook, stay connected and my little wireless icon in the taskbar says I am connected as normal. It just seems that whatever is wrong just affects IE and WLM. The IE problem still occurs even when WLM isnít running, so I guess it canít be caused by a conflict of the two programs. Ohhhh I just donít know, itís doing my head in!!

Anyone got any ideas? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer SLT7. :thumbsup:

Some general advise is to empty your existing IE Cache.

If that doesn't help, we may move your thread to the Windows Vista Forum, so members with more experience with this type of OS can help you out.

Edited by TMacK, 07 July 2007 - 04:43 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 SLT7

SLT7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Hi TMacK,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried several things to try and resolve this, including clearing the IE cache, resetting IE settings, making sure updates are installed, reinstalled network adapter, updated network adapter drivers, run virus/spyware checks... God knows what else! Nothing has made any difference at all.

I should've guessed it'd be something to do with Vista! lol

:thumbsup:

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Take a look at these two Micro$oft KB articles to do some troubleshooting;

Internet Explorer cannot display the Webpage
also see,