Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixed Everything

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mistameena

mistameena

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Using Hijack this I have accidentaly deleted everything it came up with. Now certain programs arent functoning properly and the computer freezing. Would using the repair function on the xp cd help fix this ?/ Reinstalling the software?

Thanks in advance

Mista

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hi mistameena,

I'm sorry you weren't informed that you should not fix everything in HijackThis--because it will cause the problems that you have described.

If you had HJT installed correctly, your first option is to restore from the backups that it makes. If you can still open HijackThis, do so and click on Open the misc tools section, then click on the Backups tab.

Put checks in all the boxes in there, click the Restore button and reboot. Then scan again with HijackThis and post your log back here in this thread. Use the Add Reply button.

If you don't see anything when you click on the backups button then your backups have probably been deleted and we will have to explore other options. Please post a log in any event.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 mistameena

mistameena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for your reply. But I have now messed it up even more i tryed to copy all the registry keys from one of my other laptops and copy it into the one im hving a propblm with an ive now ruined it. On start up it says system32\drivers\nvata.sys is corrupt or missing.

And that i need to use the setup cd to repair it. That would all be fine if they had provided me with a cd but of course its preloaded on all my computers, Typical.

I have followed all the steps posted on this website:

http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwin...setupdisk.shtml

And not been able to create the CD.

I have emailed the guy who set up the guide and hopefully i will recieve a helpful response as to how to remedy the situation and manage to create the cd.

And that will fix everything ? lol

I'm so nieve.

Cheers

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

Ewwww, that doesn't sound good. :thumbsup: I'm afraid I'm not sure what your options are at this point so think it is best to move this again so BC advisors can have some input to help you with it.

If you would, please post back the make and model of the PC you are working on along with the Operating System (XP Home or Pro, Vista version, etc.) and what other computers you have available to you. When I know what OS I'll know which forum to move it to.

It sounds like you may have corrupted your registry, which might be fixable without a reinstall of Windows, but you need to be able to boot to do either and it may take slaving your hardrive to another PC.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#5 mistameena

mistameena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

Im on XP Home Service Pack 2. And the computer is a fujitsu siemens amilo d 1845. I gta few hp pavillion dv2800 erm dell latitude and i gt myself-built desktop too.

Thanks for all your help so far m8.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

Do you have the Windows Recovery CD and the Drivers & Utilities CD that came with the computer? According to the fujitsu-siemens web site, this came with the laptop.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

Before trying what oldf@rt suggested, I would try to run the Last Known Good. If that works, roll the system back with a XP system restore. I guess I am looking for an easy way out of this, but I would move on to what oldf@rt recommended if my suggestions don't work. I have my doubts, but they're worth an attempt.

Good-Luck.
JC

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:26 AM

If you don't have the recovery CD's, I'd suggest contacting Fujistu for a replacement set. The chore of restoring the registry isn't very easy and it takes a lot of work - so a restore/repair will be much easier to accomplish.

FWIW - I use the free program ERUNT to backup my registry: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 mistameena

mistameena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

cheers guys. Ermm i dnt no where the recovery disc has disappeared to. If i cant get a disk off a m8 il guess il hv 2 buy another 1 from the fujitu siemens website.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users