Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Marked As [spam]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chikbrite

chikbrite

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Hi! I'm running Microsoft Windows Vista along with AVG Internet Security on a Dell XPS 410. Vista and AVG are up to date. The following problem started prior to uninstalling McAfee and installing AVG. So, I'm fairly certain it isn't AVG because I've set AVG to mark suspected "spam" as [ALERT] instead of [SPAM]. None of the suspected "spam" have been marked as [ALERT] but in fact get marked as [SPAM], which leads me to believe it's something else checking and marking the email. I'm at a loss as to know what it is though. AVG is the only security software I'm running except for Windows Defender. (I'm not sure if Defender needs to be running but I don't know how to turn it off.) Anyway, if I submit a HighJack this log would someone here be able to look at it and tell me what, if anything, else is running that would be marking my email as [SPAM]? :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch!
Kay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer chikbrite.

Are you able to change the Security settings in Windows Mail to mark the suspected spam as [Alert]?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users