Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet/Win XP Firewall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hiimaaron

hiimaaron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:30 PM

I need to Disable a user from accessing the internet and he is on a network. I know how to do this but the problem i have is He needs to Use this one program that needs to access the internet...is It possible to have everything BUT this one program blocked from accessing the net?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

You woul dneed to install a software firewall, but if the user is good enough they will be able to change the settings.

If its a web based app, you can make a setting in the company proxy or firewall that limits that users ip address to being able to only visit that one site.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:49 AM

Try iPortectYou .It is freeware that will allow you to set permission by time(ex. 9 am to 4 pm) or include and exclude sites. You can set it to allow only that one site. I will check but I believe it even blocks links on the allowed sites. Hope this helps.

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users