Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modem Being Disconected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 prodigal son

prodigal son

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:34 AM

Hi Guys my situation is my Modem keeps getting disconected cant stay on line for long then I am disconnected,
It is also intermittent sometimes after a couple of minutes sometime after ten minutes, it has been doing this since about 7 pm last night.
I have run Xsoft Spy & Nod32 both come up with nothing
I dont know if its a fault on my phoe line or some bug on my PC, I will post my HiJack This log in Hijack thread

I am using Windows XP Professional SP2
IE 7
Mozzilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
Internet Download Accelerator
PC Tools Free Firewall
Nod 32
Xsoftspy
Stay Connected (thought this would help....it didint)
DU Meter
RasTimer
PCI wirless Network adapter (not connected to wireless network at present moment)

Can anyone help please ?

Thank You

Edited by prodigal son, 07 July 2007 - 03:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

Since you have an open HJT log, please follow only the advice of the team member that takes you log. Doing otherwise will complicate analyzing your log and extend your downtime. If malware is ruled out as a problem, then I would suggest posting a log in the hardware forums focusing on your modem / ISP / phone lines.

Good luck with the HJT log prodigal son. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users