Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processes Running Under Windows Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

So sometimes my computer will be going really slowly so Ill just press the ctr+alt+delete, find whats slowing me down at the moment and stop the process! But after discovering that the things slowing me down are processes crucial to making my computer run in the first place(vsmon.exe, svchost.exe) I ran across a problem.... Is there anyway I can maybe make these processes take up less memory usage? Sometimes they take up like 12,000 at a time and if this isnt normal I was wondering If maybe theres something wrong with my computer.

Edited by monkpart9, 06 July 2007 - 10:12 PM.

If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

How much Ram do you have installed?

Have you read this topic:
Slow Computer?, Use this troubleshooting checklist
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

Do you have the Zone Alarm firewall installed on your system? I've had issues with vsmon.exe and have stopped using Zone Alarm because of this.

Try turning off the Zone Alarm firewall (and turn on the Windows Firewall) to see if this fixes the issue.

The memory usage, as TG1911 states, could cause this slowness if you don't have enough RAM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users