Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World Of Warcraft Not Enough Ram

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

It says i dont meet the minimum requirements and that i dont have enough ram. But it also says i can install anyway. Im gonna do that but im wondering if not enough ram means i should get rid of some programs? Or what.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

Not enough ram, how much you have? O.o

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

If your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game, expect a lot of lag, and a game that won't measure up to your expectations.
Getting rid of programs, won't help, unless you're running low on harddrive space.
Programs only use RAM, when they're running.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:16 AM

If your gonna want to play World of warcraft i'd suggest having atleast 1g of RAM or else its not a very desirable game to play especially when your trying to zone in and load in towns.. Best of luck my friend.. Take care
~Roadblock!!~

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

Are you talking about computer RAM or video RAM?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:31 AM

Well i've been playing and its not that bad, but it lags ALOT in cities, and a little in towns. I dont know how much ram i have or how to find out. Is it possible to get more? I dont know if its computer or video it just said ram. Also, is it possible to get more ram somehow?

#7 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:25 AM

I think there's a card in your computer if you open the case that's for ram. You probably can buy a better ram and replace it with what you have now. WoW requires at least 512mb ram if your ram is that it'll probably lag. It's recommended you have 1gb ram.
To find out how much ram/video ram go start>run and type in 'dxdiag' without quotes in the box and then press OK. A window will come up and in the front it'll show your ram. Under the display tab will show your video ram.

#8 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

Memory: 224MB Ram

I need to know how to get more

#9 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:31 AM

Yes, that is not enough ram to run WoW very well.

go here http://crucial.com/ do the scan my system, and it will tell you what kind of ram you need, and prices for it. I'd suggest going for 1gb.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#10 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

For WoW, like most MMO games, the more system RAM you have the better off you'll be.
For WoW you should have at least 512MB, 1GB is preferred.

Technically your system meets the minimum requirements because those are listed as 256MB, and that's what your system actually has, but your system is using something called on-board video, meaning that your video card is built directly onto your main system board instead of a separate video card. On-board video dedicates its video RAM by subtracting it from the system memory, hence why it says you have 224MB instead of 256, 32MB of RAM is being used by the on-board video.

Head over to www.crucial.com and enter in your computer's make and model. See what upgrade options you have, it shouldn't be too difficult to get up to 1GB if your system isn't too old.
Posted Image

#11 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

I dont know my computers make and model. Its black and has eXtreme on the front. I cant remember.

#12 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Download SIW and click on Hardware > Memory. Take note of the number of slots, the memory speed, and the memory type. You may also wish to click on the Motherboard section and get that info down. You can actually plug in the motherboard make and model into crucial and see exactly what upgrade options you have available.

Edited by arcman, 10 August 2007 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

Property - Value
Memory Summary
Location - System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity - 1024 MBytes
Memory Slots - 4
Error Correction - None
Use - System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size - 2048 MBytes

Device Locator - A0
Bank Locator - Bank0/1
Capacity - 256 MBytes
Form Factor - DIMM

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

Property Value
Model SiS-741

Chipset Vendor Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)
Chipset Model SiS741 CPU to PCI Bridge
South Bridge PCI to ISA Bridge

CPU AMD Athlon XP
Cpu Socket Socket A
Processor Upgrade ZIF Socket

System Slots 4 PCI, 1 AGP

Memory Summary
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 1024 MBytes
Memory Slots 4
Error Correction None
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 2048 MBytes

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

For this crucial thing i cant get past the first step of select mfgr. Also if possible could someone decipher what the two paragraphs of computer gibberish above me means? Thanks in advance i love this site.

#14 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

That's pretty odd, I don't see any of the relevant information like the RAM type/speed, or the motherboard make/model.
If none of the info is in SIW, you might try using Everest, or just pop off the panel on your case and look for a make/model silkscreened on the motherboard.
Posted Image

#15 leran

leran

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

If you do not know how to put in more ram on your computer, then i would recomand going to a local computer store and ask them to put in more ram.
A local computer store should sell ram but if you are looking for cheap ram then go on internet and look, however if you buy form net and get this ram i would still go to a local computer store and ask them to input it, if you experience on it is low.
Games:Games:Games|and ofc MORE games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users