Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outerinfo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 izzyjoel

izzyjoel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

I have the annoying OUTERINFO virus with the popups. First was just annoying, but now half the time when i try to click on a link, I get the "Not Responding" message and get kicked off the browser. I've tried the instructions for removing malware and (after two days) can get up to the "download and run antivirus" (trend, panda or norton) and get the "Not Responding" boot every time. I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I'm not a moron either. I'm ready to beat this computer into oblivion. At this point, I think it would be easier to just beat this one for therapy and go buy a new one. HELP! (I don't see an emoticon of someone crying, so just insert it mentally here)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,685 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:41 AM

izzyjoel,

Welcome to the forum, I really can't help you until I see a HJT log.

Hijackthis 1.99.1
Its important that Hijackthis is installed in its own permanent folder for backup purposes.
  • Use the link above to download HJT 1.99.1 setup to your desktop
  • Double Click on the Setup icon and by defaut it will unzip to C:\Program Files\Hijackthis
  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread.

mvp_host.pngConsumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

donate.gif Please consider a donation to help me keep up my fight against malware.

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no response in 3 days

#3 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,685 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

This topic is being closed due to lack of response, if you need it reopened, please PM a moderator .

mvp_host.pngConsumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

donate.gif Please consider a donation to help me keep up my fight against malware.

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no response in 3 days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users