Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hot Sync Problems ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scotjohn

scotjohn

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

Trying to help my father out with this one but as yet no joy !!

okay he has a Palm zire 72s PDA , has been using it in conjunction with his pda via the Hot Sync function, but just recently upon trying to use the hot sync software he would find that although the programme would open up " start sync process a few seconds later it would hang at " syncronsing media " he tried reinstalling the hot sync software but same problem every time .

had a look for him last night to see if I could figure out what was going wrong but unfortunately not really any further forward !! what I was getting thou was a message saying " com 1 not available at present " strange thing is that the only options within the set up menu off the hot sync programme shows a choice off com 3 or com 5 so not sure where this com 1 comes in ??

lastly, the only thing he had added to the pc since last using this hot sync programme is a Belkin ADSL wirless router, tried unplugging this thinking it may be the cause but was still getting the same problem, could it still be a setting that the router is using that is preventing the pda hot sync working ??

dont want to muck up any settings as his wirless router is working fine but feel sure that this could very well be the very problem just wonder what anyone else here thinks ??

any simplified instructions on just what I need to do would be greatly appreciatted ( bit off a novice on this side off things !! )

cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scotjohn

scotjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:11 AM

Anyone any ideas ??!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic