Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating A Second Email Account ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scotjohn

scotjohn

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

HI, wonder if anyone could offer me a bit off advice on excatly how I go about setting up a second email address ??? currantly have a wanadoo email addy and would like to have a second email add to which I will keep and use for friends only ie cut down on any spam !!!

not sure how you actually go about creating a second email add for outlook express to check ?? not sure how you go about picking an email address ie do you have to ask if it has already been choosen or what ??

lastly, can you set up outlook express to autmatically check both email accounts when you log on or will it only receive one email addy and you would have to manually swith over to this second email address for it to check for new messages etc ??

bit confused altogether if anyone can kindly offer me any assistance, would certainly be much appareciatted !!

cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

In OE go to the Tools and then Accounts. When you have the accounts window open select Add, then Mail. From this point you setup the new account just like the first one.
You will have to setup a new email with your ISP before you add the new email account to OE.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

Before you set up OE with a new identity, you have create a new email address.
If you want another wanadoo email address, you'll have to go to that site and set it up.
After that's completed, OE can be configured to download mail sent to it.

You will have to create another identity in OE. Easy process

Open OE. File/Identities/Add New Identity.
The Add wizard will open, fill in all the info.

When you finish, send a test mail to the account to make sure it's working properly.

You will have to switch back and forth. To do this, File/Switch Identities. Choose the one you wish to switch to.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

You may wish to have an E-mail address more independent from your ISP. There are many free E-mail services on the Internet. G-mail comes to mind at once, and it supports POP-Email using any of the major clients.
If you are using OE, then you must set up a separate account for each E-mail Address., and it will automatically check (or poll) each account.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 scotjohn

scotjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:10 AM

Thanks so much folks really do appreciatte your advice.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

I take it you were able to configure your second account?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 scotjohn

scotjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

I take it you were able to configure your second account?

Sorry should have said !! seems the Orange email set up service is down just now but at least I know what to do once it comes back up again !!

again thanks for advice, appreciated that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users