Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 topkartracer

topkartracer

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

Hi everyone. Every time I log onto my computer I get an annoying popup at the bottom of my screen. It says, system has deteced a number of active spyware programs that could affect the performance of your computer. Click on the icon to download an up to date spyware blocker. Well clicking on it does absolutely nothing because it just takes be to some stupid expired page. The really annoying thing is just keeps popping up and every time I play a PC game I get kicked back to my desktop because the computer feels that I need to see this stupid message!!!! Can anyone please help me get rid of this thing?!?!!!!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

Have you run any antivirus or antispyware scans? What happened when you ran them?

What's the web address for this expired page it keeps sending you to?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 topkartracer

topkartracer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

The web address is, www.virusprotectpro.com/?aff=1012. Yes I have ran a few antivirus scans (just trial versions) and a few things were detected, but nothing major. Since I was just using a trial version it wouldn't let me fix the problems that it found. Do you recommend a certain antivirus or antispyware scans?

Edited by topkartracer, 06 July 2007 - 08:51 AM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:56 AM

You can find loads of good freeware antivirus and antispyware applications here.

You should only install one antivirus application, but several antispyware ones are okay.

Let us know how you get on.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 topkartracer

topkartracer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

Before I download one. What are your recommendations on which one to pick?

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

See this link also.

How to remove VirusProtectPro or VirusProtect Pro

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

Before I download one. What are your recommendations on which one to pick?

I have used the following and think they are good:

AVG Antivirus
AVG Antispyware
SuperAntiSpyware
Ad-Aware
Spybot

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 topkartracer

topkartracer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

Ok I downloaded AVG Antispyware and I ran a full scan of the computer. The little bubble keeps popping up though. Should I get another Antispyware program or is there a way to just disable the message popping up?

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

Follow the instructions in Budapest's post #6
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#10 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hi topkartracer,

Did you follow the Removal instructions that Budapest provided for How to remove VirusProtectPro?

Once you have done that and if there are still problems, install SUPERAntiSpyware.
Run it in Safe Mode and allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users