Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 callbobby69

callbobby69

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

Windows XP pack2 . Every time i hit play for a flash video , or a flash player auto starts , my computer screen goes black and the computer immediately shuts off . It's flash 9.45 (i think).. :thumbsup: ..but the player wouldn't cause the problem , would it ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:18 AM

Check the Evernt Viewer and see if there is an error message there. If there is list the last four error messages.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

I have seen corrupt video drivers that only caused problems when playing flash-based videos (Yahoo news, etc). Try updating your video drivers to the latest release to see if that will solve it.

#4 callbobby69

callbobby69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

Check the Evernt Viewer and see if there is an error message there. If there is list the last four error messages.

This is the information i managed to gather up :
The only .dmp or .mdmp is this one found in AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 " .dmp DMP File 47 KB ".

Driver for COMPAQ FS7600 Color Monitor is Version:1.10.0.0 and the update says it can't find a better one. It's shown in windows system32 as CPQ7600.ICM .
The Intel site http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx doesn't find anything either .

NO application errors shown for the day of 07/05/2007
NO Security problems shown for the day of 07/05/2007

System has errors but MCSTRM failed to start because it failed to find the file specified and lxcf_device did not respond to the start service request is all that is recorded .

No Internet Explorer Errors
No SLEvtLog information.

I wonder if i should try to force it to happen again ? Did i explain it right that when a flash is selected to play , it doesn't just crash the browser , it totally shuts off the computer just as if i pulled the plug out of the wall . Actually the only way i can get it to come back on is to pull the plug and then plug it back in . :thumbsup:

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:32 AM

System has errors but MCSTRM failed to start because it failed to find the file specified and lxcf_device did not respond to the start service request is all that is recorded .

MCSTRM appears to be "RealNetworks Virtual Path Manager". I have not been able to find exactly what it controls, but I would suspect it has something to do with your printer. The lxcf_device reference refers to a Lexmark printer file. If you have and are still using a Lexmark product, I would recommend you start by reinstalling it. If you do not still use the Lexmark uninstall all software related to it.

#6 callbobby69

callbobby69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:55 AM

Okay..i guess i will keep hunting for a fix . Yeah , the lexmark happens when i forget to turn the printer on . :flowers:
Thanks for the so far........ :thumbsup:

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:32 AM

The MCSTRM / "RealNetworks Virtual Path Manager" is a part of the "crapware" installed by RealPlayer. See this page for some of what it is: http://www.realnetworks.com/

I'd suggest uninstalling Real Player and any other "Real" apps - then either finding an alternative for them or reinstalling freshly downloaded copies.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

Try uninstalling RealPlayer and install Real Alternative 1.52 plugin. I have used it for a while with no ill effects.
If you need another opinion, PM WhyBeNormal. He\she recommend that plugin and might have more insight.

I give it two thumbs up. :thumbsup:

#9 callbobby69

callbobby69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:55 AM

Well it crashed again..but this time not to black screen and off. It went to a blue screen and said that a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer .
It suggests :
Change your video adapter .................I switched it to inboard from cid and it got worse so i put it back on the installed one and it got back to where it was , which is terrible.
Check for driver update................I did and it said that there isn't any new one .
Check for BIOS update .........I found out it is at http://www.award-bios.com/index.cfm?refererid=35 and have requested on their form to email me the new ones location , but still have not heard from them .
Disable BIOS memory caching and shadowing.................My current bios does not allow me to do this..i need the new one.

While at the phoenix/award bios site i noticed a link for drivers and figured i'd download a new current version just in case mine is bad. When i got to the link location , it suggested a newer driver for my video adapter so i downloaded it and installed it . It has improved the shutting off situation , but the browser did crash once so far . With the new bios , i should be able to shut off the memory and shadowing ..so maybe that will fix it .

The realplayer wouldn't uninstall so i searched for ..real..and deleted everything pertaining to it . It seems to be all gone . Yeah ..sure.. :thumbsup:

Here is what the tech part of the bluescreen said :

*** STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0xc0000092 , 0xf8a11018 , 0x8054fbf0 , 0x00000000 )

*** AGRSM.SYS address f8a11018 base at f8938000 , Date Stamp 40e16984

I also found out that the chipset was set to generic so i set it to Intel Celeron where it is supposed to be . :trumpet:

So...any new thoughts ? :flowers:

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:31 AM

I would suggest uninstalling the drivers for your modem, then reinstalling a freshly downloaded copy. This error seems to relate to the Agere Systems Soft Modem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users