Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deep Freeze Standard 6.20.220.1692 Not Loading On Reboot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 retrac1324

retrac1324

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:11 AM

I recently installed Deep Freeze Standard 6.20.220.1692 on my PC and the it automatically rebooted (as it should), when it logged into Windows XP Home SP2, the following dialog appeared:

Posted Image

I can move the mouse and the LEDs on the keyboard are on, but I cannot click the Yes or No buttons or use Enter/Tab to press the Yes/No buttons. After a few seconds the dialog disappears and I am only shown with my desktop background and my cursor. The taskbar is not visible or anything else. Ctrl+Alt+Delete nor does nothing as does Shift+Alt+Ctrl+F6. I have tried booting into safemode and cannot uninstall Deep Freeze because it says the DF must be disabled (which I do not know how to disable, as the DF icon is not present in the taskbar [safemode] and Shift+Alt+Ctrl+F6 still does nothing).

I would really like to know what is going on, either a way to uninstall DF or a way to get past the password set dialog (and get to actually using my computer).

Thanks,

retrac1324

EDIT - Solved, just waited half an hour and it loaded

Edited by retrac1324, 06 July 2007 - 02:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

Hi retrac1324 and welcome to bleepingcomputer.

Are the keyboard and mouse USB or PS2 types, if they are USB see if they have been disable in the BIOS. If that is the case I would consider changing you CMOS battery. Do you have a PS2 mouse that you can try?

Please let us know what you find.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 retrac1324

retrac1324
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:53 AM

Hi,

I am currently using a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse (USB), I can move the mouse but cannot click on the Deep Freeze Computer. I am also using a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard (USB). I have tried using a different USB Optical mouse on my machine but it does not work as the driver is not loaded (initialized by the Plug & Play service). I am going to test a PS2 mouse and check the BIOS settings and also check the Logitech/Microsoft hardware on another machine.

:thumbsup:EDIT - Just waited half an hour and it loaded

Edited by retrac1324, 06 July 2007 - 02:07 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:01 AM

Glad to hear that you solved the problem, and thank you for letting us know what it was.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 retrac1324

retrac1324
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the support, guess I just wasn't patient enough, although when I did get into my computer Firefox was mysteriously uninstalled (and everything else was fine).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users