Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cs Source Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Ok i got a few problems with cs source, i just started the game a month ago so some of this stuff will probably look noobish ahah.

1. Why is it when i shoot someone point blank sometimes the bullets dont connect? I check to see how many times i shot them and it says 1 or 2 out of the 6 or so bullets i fired at them, point blank.

2. What would be a better crosshair size to use for someone new like me. I use small and red.

3. My frame rate will drop down real low at times, even though i have a computer with a 2.6 p4 processor, 768 ram and a 7600gs 512mb video card.

4. I cant seem to aim good/fast enough, anyway to get better at it or is it just experience?

5. When i spec someone after i die i see them shoot far to the right or left of a person but that person dies, is this just lag or are the hitboxes just messed up? My ping is around 15-20 on the server i play.(like this on all servers ive played).

Edited by cliver, 05 July 2007 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

1- The only explanation I can think of (apart from a 'noob' crack, but I'm above that) is that the hit boxes are a little weirder than the previous versions. It is a common complaint about the game, that people who think they're awesome get killed too easily so they say the game now has no skill. I don't know, I'd think being easier to die would mean harder to not die, which means taking skill to live through a round... but that's just me.

2- Small crosshairs seem to look the best and look to offer the most precise shots, but the color is up to you and different colors will help on the different maps. Change it to whatever is easiest to see is really all I can say.

3- Try to lower some of the graphical settings like Anti-Aliasing, your resolution, and especially HDR lighting. While not all maps support HDR lighting, it drains performance quite a bit on the ones that do.

4- If if feels too slow to aim, either click on options when you start the game press 'ESC' while you're playing which will bring up the main menu contents. When you click on options, a window will open up with tabs on top, click on the mouse tab and there will be a mouse sensitivity slider you can adjust. The alternative is if you have the console enabled, you can press the tide key (~) in-game to bring up the console where you can type the command, 'sensitivity X' (remove the two ' and X stands for any number) to do the same thing as above. Apart from that, it takes time to get better as you continue to learn how to play and develop your own style and such.

5- It could just be a visual spec error and as long as that doesn't happen while you're actually playing, then I doubt it'll really matter.

good luck and have fun,

Wizdabest

Edited by Wizdabest, 05 July 2007 - 10:34 PM.

#3 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

Wiz is right esp. on the HDR ... I play with a small crosshair and it works the best for my style of play...

I have a few questions though...

Were you using an automatic weapon?

Were you burst shooting or full on just lettin' it rip?

(These two would explain the missed shots)

Also experience getting used to the games always helps when deciding where to aim and whatnot!

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#4 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

ak at point blank, and by point i mean we were touching each other with our guns lol, and yes i was holding the trigger. Unless the bullets were defying physics and gravity there is no way they could have missed even if i was just shooting and not bursting.

Edited by cliver, 06 July 2007 - 12:07 PM.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

Again, the only real explanation I could give for that is that it was just very unlucky and CS:S can be a little weird when it comes to dishing out and taking damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users