Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! The Attack Of The Cookies!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kdee

kdee

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

COULD ANYONE HELP ME! I GOT COOKIES FROM MY BRO GOIN 2 UNUSUAL WEBSITES! COULD ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW 2 DELETE THESE!? I DELETED THEM B4 BUT I DUNNO IF I DID IT RIGHT! PLZ HELLLP! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

What browser are you using kdee?

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

Well.....dat wouldve been my next question! Ummm...how do u figure out which windows u have? the only thing i know is that i have vista. Thnx alot for respondin.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:01 PM

Vista is the version of windows you have. I assume you are using the standard Internet Explorer 7. To clean cookies, click the Tools menu - beside a cog on the upper right side of your browser window. On that drop down, select Internet Options - at the bottom. Next to Browsing history, click the delete button. The next window will give you options of things to clear / delete. You can delete cookies there. Be reminded, cookies are generated by each user - their profiles. You can only delete the cookies of the current logged in user.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:10 PM

I did dat b4....but after i delete em...i scan my cpu with Norton....and i alwayz sayz dat i have 2 tracking cookies. Wut iz dat?

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hi kdee, welcome back!

Do you have the names of the tracking cookies?

Tracking cookies are a normal part of internet life. I have them. If you visit a web site that has ads on it, you will probably pick up one. It is a way for some ad agencies to see how you surf - more of a privacy issue. But, to be sure, please download SUPERAntiSpyware and run a scan with it. The program will produce a log. If you have any ill found reportings, please post them here and we will determine if we need to reroute you on more of a malware track.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

rigel

#7 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Ok...thanks. I'll reply back when im finished. Oh...do i get the "FREE" version or the "FREE TRIAL PROFFESIONAL" version?

Edited by kdee, 07 July 2007 - 02:44 PM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

Get the free version and you can keep it around for whenever you need to scan. Just update it once a week or so.

If you want to block the adware/tracking cookies aka "Third party cookies" from installing on your computer, follow the directions in the link below for blocking third party cookies. I know of no site that requires third party cookies to function.

http://www.uwgb.edu/compserv/ehelp/ie_7/javaCookies.htm
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

Get the free version and you can keep it around for whenever you need to scan. Just update it once a week or so.

If you want to block the adware/tracking cookies aka "Third party cookies" from installing on your computer, follow the directions in the link below for blocking third party cookies. I know of no site that requires third party cookies to function.

http://www.uwgb.edu/compserv/ehelp/ie_7/javaCookies.htm

ok..thanks =). Oh yea......umm my cpu has been running very slowly in the past 2 days......do u know of anything that could be causing this?

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

When you run a scan with Super Antispyware run it in safe mode.
How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Since your computer is suddenly running slower it would be a good idea to follow up with another scan. Run your antivirus in safe mode, also.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#11 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

When you run a scan with Super Antispyware run it in safe mode.
How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Since your computer is suddenly running slower it would be a good idea to follow up with another scan. Run your antivirus in safe mode, also.

Ok i followed up with another scan but itz still goin slow....wut now?

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:23 PM

Did the scans find any malware? If so, what?

#13 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

Did the scans find any malware? If so, what?

It found a ton of "COOKIES". and now there r no risks on my cpu now. But now all of a sudden my cpu is running very slowly and my internet browser has shut off by itself and few times.....im gettin kinda worried now.

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

Is your computer under a warranty?

#15 kdee

kdee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

Is your computer under a warranty?

Yea it iz....and my cpu iz gettin faster now....but its still slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users