Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spylocked Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bizaro

Bizaro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

I was just wondering how to get rid of the Spylocked Program. Its annoying and I hope someone here can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

Have you tried this:
How To Remove Spylocked And Spywarelocked (removal Instructions)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Bizaro

Bizaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

Thanks, Spylocked is now gone from my computer but I have another problem. In Add/Remove programs there is a Windows Safety Alert icon that says its taking up ALOT of space. I was wondering how to remove it, and if this in some way connected to Spylocked. When I try to remove it, it has an error and it says Error Loading C:\WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/pkgvyg.dll The specified module cannot be found. Any help would be greatly appreciatd.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

Yes, that is a Spylocked leftover. It is always good to run Super Antispyware to cleanup and remove other malware that
very often accompanies Smitfraud malware. After running Super Antispyware and it is still in Add/Remove, that reference can be removed with one of the tools in Ccleaner.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com

Remove temporary files, logs, cookies, etc. by using Ccleaner. Do not use "Advanced Settings" or the "Issues" button. Use only the default settings. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Turn off system restore. This will remove all restore points since some are infected . Turn system restore back on.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Bizaro

Bizaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

I just wanna make sure I'm not deleting important items because I see word documents in the log that ccleaner says its gonna clean.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:27 AM

Ccleaner will remove any files you have in temporary files. If you have documents you are working on and have not moved from temporary, or offline content that you have on your desktop do that before running Ccleaner. You may just be seeing the log entries for recent documents you have viewed. That doesn't remove the documents, just cleans one of the history logs of viewed documents.

More info: Concerning "You may just be seeing the log entries for recent documents you have viewed." To verify that is what you are seeing after scanning with Ccleaner, uncheck "recent Documents" in the list under Windows Explorer and run another scan.

Edited by buddy215, 06 July 2007 - 07:07 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users