Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network two computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob

rob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:05 AM

I have a laptop computer at work that runs windows xp home and I want to network it with my laptop wich is 95 based. Is it possible to network?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 matt_com911

matt_com911

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:39 AM

Yes, very possible. Probably the wrong forum to put this in though. (theres a network forum on this website.) You'll need either 2 network patch cables and at least a 2 port hub or switch, a standard crossover cable, a standard usb cable, or two usb cables and usb 4 port hub or switch. this setup can come be as inexpensive as $5 depending on which option you go for. (USB being the least expensive but most unreliable). You also need to make sure you either have a USB port of LAN card in each computer depending on which option you chose. Once you have your equipment, run the network setup wizard on xp. after working through the wizard (very easy - hold your hand), choose to create a floppy disc. Make sure you have a fully formatted floppy handy. Once the floppy has been made, insert it into the computer running 95 and run the program on it. All settings should load and you should be ready to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users