Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BobSEWI

BobSEWI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

I recently tried to install a newer version of Lavasoft's Ad-Aware program. The program downloaded fine, but when it was installing I received the following message; "Problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the set-up did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
I've received this same message each time I've tried to install the program. Have not had the problem in the past, and can not think of anything I did that would have effected whatever the problem is. I had Ad-Aware installed previously and it ran fine.
If anyone can tell me where the problem may lie with Windows Installer I would appreciate it very much!

Edited by D-Trojanator, 05 July 2007 - 01:07 PM.
Fixed Broken BBcode Tags 'DT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

Did you download it from Lavasoft recommended site Cnet ? Might make a difference
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users