Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.adware.w32.expdwnldr

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ambrose Raj

Ambrose Raj

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hi all!

First time user here and I signed up hoping the experts here can help. I need help on removing the following problems.

Trojan Adware.W32.ExpDwnldr
This problem causes fake pop ups (malware i think) every few minutes and also a red shield on the task bar (bottom right) flashes.

This problem changed my desktop background and keeps reloading itself even if I delete the source file in windows.
shortcuts appear on desktop Privacy_protector;Sypware&malware protection; error cleaner

Also I keep getting a pop up screen asking me to download this anti virus cleaner. ultimate cleaner (ucleaner.com)

seems like a adware? Ive scanned my laptop using AVG7 and Ad-Aware SE, spy ware terminator but it keeps coming back..

Anything i can do to get rid of it?

Your expertise is greatly appreciated

Regards

Ambrose

Attached Files

Edited by Ambrose Raj, 05 July 2007 - 12:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:48 AM

Hi,

Please do NOT attach your logs but copy and paste them in the thread instead..

* Download Combofix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combofix.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), combofix will open again to gather the necessary information for the log. This may take a bit. When done, Combofix will close and a log should open, combofix.txt.
Post the contents of this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.
Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users