Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

It Problems That Fixes Itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gooky_*

Guest_gooky_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:11 AM

You probably encountered some IT problems that fixes itself after sometime (provided you actually have). How do you explain this kind of automatic fix to customers if asked what fixed it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

I tell them the truth. "It appears to have been resolved. I'm not exactly sure what was causing it, but let me know if it happens again."

They are usually quite satisfied with that response.

Moderator Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 05 July 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

To add to jwinathome's statement -

I suppose this would hinge on what the problem was.

If, for example, it appeared to be a hardware problem, then I would certainly point out that the problem may come back. I know it is not nice to "hate" anything, but I hate intermittent problems.

If it is an software or OS problem, it is possible that a recent update resolved it, and it's not worth wasting time analyizing it further.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users