Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win98 + Winnt 4.0 + Winxp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JUW

JUW

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:00 AM

Ok to start off I would just like to say that I am new here and am only moderately experienced with networking.

I have recently hooked up two Win98 computers together with a d-link wireless router and figured out how to make them recognize each other and have internet access on each with a Westell Model 6100 Dsl Modem.
So that was the easy part.

Now I have another computer running windows Xp which does
recognize the two win98 computers and also has internet access but whenever I attempt to play a multi-player game with a Win98 vs WinXp comp they find each other but wont connect.
Ok so thats my first problem.

My second problem is that I have a fourth computer running Win NT 4.0 that doesn't recognize any computer or router.

Not sure if ^this^ is enough info to go on, so if anyone here who thinks they can help needs more info, feel free to ask me for what you need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

Now I have another computer running windows Xp which does
recognize the two win98 computers and also has internet access but whenever I attempt to play a multi-player game with a Win98 vs WinXp comp they find each other but wont connect.
Ok so thats my first problem.

Do you have a firewall program running? Are they all connected wirelessly, or are some connected with cables?

My second problem is that I have a fourth computer running Win NT 4.0 that doesn't recognize any computer or router.

Have you gone into IE and setup the network connection?
Go to Start then Run and type in cmd. At the prompt enter ipconfig /all and press enter. What is the IP address and the Default Gateway address?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users