Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey Lil Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:29 AM

Lil problem with my pc.. it never used to take this long... but now when i startup my comp and type in my password it stays stuck on loading personal settings and finally when it goes to desktop everything loads in 1 second. I dont want to sound as if i have an awsome computer since i know someone people stay stuck on loading personal settings for 1 minute+ but it used to go straight when i typed my password in and load everything in 1-2 seconds... anyone have any ideas...

Things i changed recently... a few services.msc entries were changed to manual.. but none having to do with logon or windows system or anything. more to do with useless applications ..

ideas would be helpful and i thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hi Roadblock,

Try undoing the changes you've made, one at a time, and see if your Personal Settings load up any faster.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:39 AM

what i realized just now is... when i reboot my computer i and log in i can load up in no time, but when i shutdown my computer wait a bit turn it back on than when at login screen it'll stay stuck there for 10 seconds +.. very unsual

#4 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

Problem fixed i did like you said apparently it works now after i reactivated Windows User mode Driver :-)....

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

Good to hear you were able to sort out the problem Roadblock. :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner