Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steinmetz

steinmetz

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

I recently purchase a MP3 Player from a garage sale. (Cytron DM-02B) The MP3 plugs into my USB Port located on my hard drive. I downloaded music from the net and saved it into a folder. Using Windows Media Player I saved the music into a folder to download into the MP3 player. I plugged the MP3 player into the USB and Windows Media Player asked me to connect the device. I did and even added it as a device into my computer. Windows Media Player still does not recognize the MP3. I did a search on the net and cannot find a thing. I did notice that my USB Port does not have a drive associated with it. Can you please help. I am going on 1 week in trying to figure out what is going on.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:53 PM

I have the same model (I think, it looks just like yours anyway) I have found that many media player programs don't like it.

Windows Media Player 11 seems to like it, though. Make sure you have the latest version of WMP.

All is not lost if it still woun't work, though! Windows XP SP2 likes it just fine! Simple plug it in (without WMP running) and Windows XP will install it as a removable drive. All you do then is copy your music directly onto the player like you would if it were a flash drive.

If it just plain won't work, then I fear it may be broken.

Is this your player:
Posted Image

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 04 July 2007 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users