Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new guy needs help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dobroman

Dobroman

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:05 PM

:thumbsup: hi, I feel like an idiot. I'm an older fella and had this pc for a couple years, and I have a problem. I had trouble with the modem a year or so ago, and had to have it sent to the factory. When I got it back the wordperfect production pack was missing. Now it's tax time and I could sure use the spreadsheets. I don't have the discs (unless they are on 1 of the 5 restore discs). How can I get wordperfect? (I don't want to buy anything since I bought it already when I bought the computer). Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:45 PM

I would first off like to say Welcome to BC!

Lets see if its still on your computer. Go to start/find/files (on 98) on Xp just go to start/search then type in the name of your item. In your case use wordperfect.

Please if you would tell me if it comes up anything. You could have just lost the short cut to wordperfect.

Hope this helps

#3 Dobroman

Dobroman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:06 PM

no files found guess it's gone

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:10 PM

If WP originally came with the computer, then it may be on one of the restore disks which usually have backup copies of applications preinstalled at the factory. If you need a spreadsheet application, then check to see if MS Works was installed.

Now, if you still need a word processing/spreadsheet application, you can download the free OPEN OFFICE which has very robust applications, and is compatible with Office files. I use it all the time myself.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Dobroman

Dobroman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:06 PM

thank you very much john, very helpful info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users