Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Media Center

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hey gang,

I cannot make a working copy of my Windows Media Center Version 2005 w/Update Rollup 2. This is an orange dvd for a Dell computer.

When I attempt to copy the disk I get reading errors on the copy during validation of the data. I have tried this twice using Nero Express.

Does anyone know why? How can I make a working copy so I can put my original away for safekeeping?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

My guess is that this disk is write protected. I cannot find confirmation anywhere regarding this, however. I have had no issues with making copies of XP disks before, just this one. Hmmmmm.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Can you copy the disk to your hard drive and burn it from there? Maybe an ISO recorder type program?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

I did copy the files to a hard drive, and then burned them to a dvd, but it didn't work either.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#5 rickmalone23

rickmalone23

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

What kind of DVDs you trying to copy? Cuz if it's copyrighted materials on that DVD than ALBERT fRANKENSTEIN is right on its write protected

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

I've made copies of other Dell CD/DVD media without issue, but must admit that I've never tried it with the orange one's (mostly blue and purple). Could be that the disk has copy protection on it tho' - have you tried one of the CD/DVD ripping programs?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

I have successfully copied a Gatway version of the same OS. However, this DELL one will not copy.

Thanks for your inputs. I give up on this.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users