Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Wont Log In!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:38 AM

Well in a previous post i was fixing my boot.ini file because it wasnt loading windows. i successfully did that and was able to boot and log in. I remembered i had 31MB of free space so i thought id make the windows partition a little bigger...every MB counts to me. The enlargement finished and it seemed to have worked perfectly so i booted up, perfectly, and then went into the log in screen. something was different. the login screen wasnt the graphical one anymore, it was the text one. I didnt really make a big deal out of it so i entered my username and password and it logged me in....or so i thought. After the windows logging on message dissappeared nothing happened, another window popped up and said windows is logging out. Ive tryed logging in in all safe modes and on all accounts NOTHING works.

any ideas?

Thanks
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Ok well i did some research, about ad aware and how it deletes wsaupdater.exe and how the virus changes reg settings to og in from userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe. So i booted into the recovery console and copied userinit.exe and i copied it again but named it wsaupdater.exe. Still no luck. I think their is no hope. Oh by the way, my windows XP Install disk is fried. I use the boot diskettes and what works on my install disk.

#3 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

its been nearly 3 days and no response. i really need some help guys.

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

Hi, if it could not be repaired via recovery console it looks terminal.
MCP
MSDST

#5 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

Someone told me something about msgina.dll...what about that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users