Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh Happy Day

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 morganF

morganF

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:11 AM

For a few seconds perhaps I am the newest addition to this forum. Did anyone say rookie? Well, being 30-something that sounds a lot like a compliment to me.

I just spent yesterday afternoon and this moring following the steps in topic98219. Now I have a fully functional browser once again. Thank you "Grinler / Bleep Bleep!" and bleepingcomputer :thumbsup: .

From time to time I wonder why I hang on to windowsXP when my girlfriend lives a sorrowfree life with her mac OS X... but within a few seconds I remember. Anything seems possible. Especially when problems exeed my league (thankfully that doesn't happen very often) and I then find brilliant advice from clever people on the internet. This is such an occasion - so "hip hip..." for the XP trade off's - still a pretty messy OS but by far my favorite platform to both work and resolve issues.

Edited by morganF, 04 July 2007 - 06:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

Hello, morganF.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Glad you were able to find the help you needed. :thumbsup:

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
Just think of using a Windows operating system as a challenge, and not an "easy way out."
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

For a few seconds perhaps I am the newest addition to this forum. Did anyone say rookie? Well, being 30-something that sounds a lot like a compliment to me.

I just spent yesterday afternoon and this moring following the steps in topic98219. Now I have a fully functional browser once again. Thank you "Grinler / Bleep Bleep!" and bleepingcomputer :thumbsup: .

From time to time I wonder why I hang on to windowsXP when my girlfriend lives a sorrowfree life with her mac OS X... but within a few seconds I remember. Anything seems possible. Especially when problems exeed my league (thankfully that doesn't happen very often) and I then find brilliant advice from clever people on the internet. This is such an occasion - so "hip hip..." for the XP trade off's - still a pretty messy OS but by far my favorite platform to both work and resolve issues.

Tell your girlfriend they discuss Mac's here too
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 morganF

morganF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

:thumbsup:

Thanks jgweed and garmanma. Good to know that users care about rookies - and I'll tell my girlfriend about BC if she ever gets in trouble with her mac. It seems a bit unlikely though - does a code of conduct perhaps exist among producers of malware, spyware and vira, that only Bill Gates-approved platforms are to be targeted?
I envy the ease and the calm of using and working on a mac - but not the restrictions and limitations (not to mention the ridiculos amount of keyboard short cuts that just aren't there).

#6 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:11 AM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users