Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Command And Conquer 3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:49 AM

I installed cnc3 just fine. I even followed it's advice at the back of the instruction manual to end all processes under username. After telling it to start playing, I get this black screen which soon crashes back to desktop and gives me this error message:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x182/solaris32/cnc3.jpg

My computer specs reaches the requirements; I have enough memory and space and all that. It downloaded just fine, it just messes up when I try to play.

UPDATE: I have updated c&c 3 with the latest patch, and the exact same thing happens. I also found where this bug is described under ea technical support. But it doesn't really help. My video card is compatable, I have the right specs, and I close down all unnecessary processes as far as I'm aware. So now what?

UPDATE: here is the link to that ea site where it describes my problem and some solutions:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/e...mp;p_faqid=6731

but they don't really help. Here is the ea given minimum requirements:

(Single Core) Intel P4 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 2000+
512 MB of RAM
DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ / ATI Radeon 8500+ video card
(Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards are not supported.)
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
8X or faster DVD-ROM drive
6 GB of free hard drive space

I'm most worried about that single core. I have a dual core 1.7ghz processor. Shouldn't that work? And even if it didn't, it should just be laggy instead of crashing, right? My video card is "ati mobility radeon x1400" and there's nothing saying it's not supported. I have enough ram and space, but how do I check the speed of my dvd-rom drive?

Help is appreciated.

Edited by solaris32, 05 July 2007 - 03:57 AM.

When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

Putting a screenshot in a post.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

Thanks Alpha :thumbsup:.

#4 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

For some reason, I can't edit my posts if their 2 days or older. I just wanted to say I went ahead and returned the game. If it's not going to work, then I have no use for it. Maybe in the far future when I have a better computer, I will try it again.

#5 zone22

zone22

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

UPDATE video card driver.
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html

Good luck!

#6 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post, but apparently I can't update my card :thumbsup:. I tried that before and my laptop seems to not be compatible. Plus, I returned the game a long time ago. And welcome to BC :flowers:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users