Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software To Track External Drive Contents?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 siouxdax

siouxdax

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:43 AM

Does anyone know of a program that can keep track of the contents of my many external hard drives? I'd like a sort of catalog that just shows the contents of my various hard drives, not necessarily links to the files, drives. Almost a literal "table of contents" for my externals...

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:06 AM

I remember someone mention before a software.. Something got to do with... Tree..

Can't remember.. I'll try to find the link and post back if I could.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:26 AM

I haven't used any of these, but I found a few, that you might want to check out:

LS MyLib

cdTree Standard

MaxLister

Cdrom List Creator
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 siouxdax

siouxdax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

Wow. I thought I did some serious searching, but you guys delivered like Dominoes. Thanks so much for the input. Right now I'm trying out MyLib. It's a little "showy", but I think it will get the job done.

Thanks again. You guys continually rock. :thumbsup:

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:39 AM

You're welcome, siouxdax.
Glad to be of help.

You were just searching in the wrong places. :thumbsup:
The first place to look, is our Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps topic.
All of these programs have been used, and recommended, by our members.
They're all Virus/Spyware free, and perform as advertised.

If you can't find what you are looking for, there, here's a couple of other safe sites, that you can search:
snapfiles.com
softpedia.com
majorgeeks.com

As always, be sure to scan anything you download from the internet, with your Antivirus, just to be sure. :flowers:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#6 siouxdax

siouxdax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

I haven't used any of these, but I found a few, that you might want to check out:

LS MyLib

cdTree Standard

MaxLister

Cdrom List Creator

Just as an update: It seems the best program for this task is MaxLister. It's simple, clean and free. The others are too "pretty" (by which I mean ugly). MaxLister keeps everything pared down. I can actually find the parent folder button without having to use tooltips. LOL.

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

Glad to hear, you were able to find one that worked for you, siouxdax
Thanks for reporting back with your results. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users