Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Out Of Curiosity

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:34 PM

Was looking in my system info a couple of days ago and came across that the CPU full name was: Amd Athlon 64 X2 2800+ but the CPU Name was AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+... Any ideas what this is about why would the full name be 2800 + and the cpu name be 6000+.... Cuz indeed my processor is supposed to be a 6000+ :thumbsup:.. Just wondering.. Thanks for any info on this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:03 AM

Where are you getting this information from? Download this and it should give you the proper information you seek. AMD CPUInfo for Althlon64 X2 Dual Core. The link is a direct download from the AMD website.

Posted Image

#3 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

Got that info from a program called SIW which was posted on these forums, it collects and gathers info about your computer..

And that program you linked me clearly says that both my cores are 6000+ but anyways.. must just b SIW program being weird.. or something we don't know about... i wouldnt see why it would say the CPU full name is 2800+ ... Weird :S

Edited by Roadblock, 04 July 2007 - 02:39 PM.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

Some programs like SIW and Everest have problems with reading Dual Core or 64 bit processor information. Not that these programs do (because I dont use either or a Dual Core processor) I dont know that but if your looking for info strictly on a processor the best place to go is the manufacturer. AMD has lot of tools and drivers for their processors. www.amd.com

Posted Image

#5 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Alright thanks a lot for the info Black :-) Much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users