Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Dump And Now Beep Codes?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 superkia

superkia

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

Woke up to the blue screen, it asked if I had installed any new programs and did the blue screen memory dump thing. I had installed a Verizon program 2 days prior and assumed it was the problem. I Restarted the computer and was going to use a restore point but the computer shut down before I could, when I tried to restart it again, the fans are running, lights for power come on, cd rom keeps trying to run and the monitor never gets a signal. After searching around for beep codes for PheonixBios, I dont think its any of them? I get the same tone and length of beeps over and over again, to me it sounds like its 1-1-1-1 etc. and they dont show that under the Pheonix codes. I tried to start it with my XP restore disc but it only continued the beeps, I also tried disconnecting the cd rom, memory stick and hard drive with no luck.

My friend built the computer about a year and a half ago, so I dont know everything about it. I had to replace the power supply about 6 months ago with a better one. Theres a fan on the mobo that says AMD, thers a chip that says km400 8237 on it, a chip that says PheonixBios D686, 512mb memory and I believe it was a 2.7 processor?

If I have forgotten anything please ask and if I know the answer I will gladly give it.

Thanks in advance for everyones replies!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 superkia

superkia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

Replaced the RAM and was able to restart but the cd and dvd drives, along with the BIOS management drivers were corrupt. I bought a new computer instead of doing anything else with it and now Im stuck with Vista :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users