Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Played The Insurgency Mod?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

This new mod which I heard has been being worked on for 4-5 years was released today. It's a mod of half life 2. You need the SDK (source development kit) to play it. Here's the link:http://www.insurgencymod.net/ . If you don't have the source development kit,download the half life 2 demo on steam, then you can download the SDK free! Hope you guys like! I think it's alright, but have never been a big fan of CS:S or HL2:DM.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

Yea, I've been following this mod for a while now. I'm having some trouble installing the mod and I'll have to download it, but I'm trying to play it.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Okay, I was able to fix the problem. I was getting a Steam Ticket Refresh error for anything I tried to do on Steam all of a sudden, which seems bogus because I've never told anybody my password and the other computer in the house that has Steam installed was off. I was able to fix that problem by going into the Steam folder and deleting the file, ClientRegistry.blob. So if anybody else has that kind of problem, try deleting that file first (unless you know your account was hijacked). I just can't pinpoint if the problem because I just reformatted the computer yesterday and I don't know if it was something that happened while reinstalling things on Steam or the mod messing with it.

.......Anyway.....

Yea, this mod is pretty cool. Granted it is lacking a little bit of polish and there is a frame rate issue (I don't think I have it as bad as others, at almost full settings I get perfect FPS indoors and 30-40 outdoors with it dropping to 15 FPS in extreme cases), but for that kind of quality on a freaking Half-Life 2 mod is crazy. They went through and pretty much made everything from scratch.

They're working on their first patch which soon focus on things like people's FPS problems and such.

It'll take a little getting used to because it's just about one hit kills and you don't know where you're getting shot at from almost like America's Army, but thankfully it's not as slow paced as America's Army because you can move faster than a jogging speed and you can respawn in a somewhat timely manner in the form of a reinforcement wave system (think Day of Defeat respawn waves).

In the end, I'm impressed and this is one of the mods I've been waiting for for a long time. I'm waiting for new episodes of the Minerva mod (or Mestasis or whatever) and the Black Mesa mod to come out as well.

Edited by Wizdabest, 04 July 2007 - 06:02 PM.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

Ya I thought it was pretty good. I always die though or end up killing my own team mates :flowers: .

Anyways, I know the FPS thing your talking about. I lag playing the game pretty much all the time, usually around 10-20fps outside and 30-40 inside. Anyways I tried turning the graphic settings down to 800x600 resolution and everything low or off. I noticed my FPS was about the same, if not worse. Then I cranked it down to 640x480 and it really lagged. I turned all the settings back up to med/high and 1024x768 res and it works better. this game has lots of potential, especially for being free :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

This mod has received its first update that should fix some issues (such as some FPS problems).

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:18 AM

Ya, I'm noticing between 5-10 FPS better on average. Its a lot more fun now :thumbsup: .

#7 MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

1337 Malware Destroyer

• Members
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

I love this mod!!!!! :thumbsup:

I have been playing it since it came out :flowers:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic