Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best sound Card?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 z_silversurfer_z

z_silversurfer_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:52 PM

Just wondering what everyone thought was the best sound card out there? Some say that creative is the best but I did some research and there are people who say that M-Audio makes a better card for playing music and that creative is geared more toward gaming?? Is this true?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:22 PM

Would you mind posting your system specs? The price that you are willing to spend would help too.

You could actually get a sound card that your computer would not use to its full potential. I would just like to see what you are looking for, and what you currently have.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 z_silversurfer_z

z_silversurfer_z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:33 PM

CPU is 1.9 ghz AMD Athlon xp with 512 ram. Looking to spend around 150 or so..As of now I don't have a sound card.

Edited by z_silversurfer_z, 24 January 2005 - 06:35 PM.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

For your computer, $150 is about the average price for the sound card that you are looking for. Just make sure that you also look for speakers. Some include them, and some do not. I have a 5.1 Audigy sound card that cost me around $30 after rebate, and a set of 5.1 Altec Lansing speakers for under $60.

Edited: I forgot to mention that I caught both deals on sale. I would do a little research on the local stores for some bargins. It would be helpful if you look around in the same week as the time that you are going to purchase. Some rebates and sales only last a week.

Edited by JEservices, 24 January 2005 - 06:40 PM.

We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 z_silversurfer_z

z_silversurfer_z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:40 PM

I just bought a set of logitech z2300. They sound great but I've read that a good sound card will make them sound that much better..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users