Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help! Might Still Be Infected!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sabur

Sabur

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Hello all... I've been using some of the help from other topics here and decided to go ahead and join the forums. This is primarily because i'm worried that my computer may still be infected with some form of virus, spyware, malware or something else causing my computer to act up. I have some knowledge of spyware and viruses, but I downloaded a file off of the net that I believe gave me the virus (because I opened it and it said it was corrupted and then my computer acted up from then on) At the time, I didn't have any antivirus software or spyware removal software on my computer.. When my computer started acting up, I downloaded AVG Free Edition anti-Virus and Spybot - Search and Destroy because I had experience with each.. When I ran AVG it found over 500 viruses, Mostly Trojans and I removed them immediately.. Spybot also found a bunch of spyware, including the malicious Smitfraud C. Toolbar888 ... I used the smitfraudfix after finding it at this forum and going through the steps in safe mode.. Spybot kept finding it anyway, but upon updating Spybot, it no longer registered. My computer runs just fine but I still get IE popups even in firefox with advertisements, usually they say "Page Cannot be Displayed" but it's still a major worrisome annoyance.. I was just wondering if anybody might be able to help me dig deeper to get rid of all of my issues.. Is there any way to do so? If so, please help! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Sabur

Sabur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.

Thanks for the immediate reply. I am currently scanning my computer with the said software.
How will I absolutely know for sure if all the malware is removed? I know sometimes infected objects just wont register..

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

If you are the least bit concerned or have any reason to think you might still have malware, please post a Hijack This log. NOT in this forum, but in the Hijack This Forum.

Edited by buddy215, 03 July 2007 - 05:00 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Sabur

Sabur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for your help.. I sent the Logfile in the HJT forum.. No replies yet, and it's about to page 2.. I hope when you get on next you can help me! Thank you!

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

I am not on the Hijack This Team.
Be patient. Don't bump your log. They will notify you by email (if you allowed that) or you can check back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users