Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Delete An Icon From Desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Screeam

Screeam

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

I have got a desk top icon when visiting a web site.
When right clik on the desktop icon them menu does not show the properties selection.
Can someone help me delete (get rid of) this object;

Edited by rigel, 03 July 2007 - 05:03 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hi Screeam,

It sounds like you may have encountered malware from the website you visited. I would follow our removal guide ==>> Start Here The guide is a step by step way to check to see if any malware is on your computer. Everything listed is free, and it doesn't hurt to scan, even if things turn out ok. Examine any names that are found, and see if we have a self help guide to remove the problem. If needed, post an HJT log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

Let us know how things go...

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Is this icon in the task bar--next to the clock? If it is it is probably smitfraud malware of some sort. Use Super Antispyware to get rid of it. Otherwise follow Rigel's advice.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Edited by buddy215, 03 July 2007 - 06:45 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users