Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Giga Bites on Window's ADD & Remove Programs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:21 PM

Hi,

An intreging question here, at least for me. In trying to keep my computer in good running shape I go through everything I got, anti spy programs from a numnber of sources, Window's maintanence programs and a whole buch of other concoctions for just such a job. But one thing that I wasn't looking for was in also updating to keep the computer running in tip top shap I've noticed that, it seems to be anyway, that some of the programs just keep adding on the megga bites to the updating programs without ever adjusting for intigration of the updates. I mean I'm finding that when I go to the Window's Add & Remove Program I have been finding the listings of programs with many more magga bite size readings than what I think should be there. One in particular is trobbling. Customizable Alerts is registering 4 Gigga Bites for the program on Windows Add & Remove. Is this right? What program is 4 Gigga Bites in size? None! So what gives, what don't I know about Customizable ALerts that it would have 4 Gigga Bites size here?
My first reaction is to Remove it right away. Only I thought that it might be prudent to inquire here first just incase I don't know something that I should on this. Anyone knowledgable on this point please let me know asap what the best course of action on this might be. I'd greatly appreciate that. Thank you.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

Do you have XP home or pro?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:10 PM

1 have microsoft office professional edition 2003 and it is 1 CD but when installed it is 1.9GB. but i must say 4GB don't know of any that big. have you done an internet search on the program?

This sight will help you out though.

Edited by Izzy, 25 January 2005 - 04:10 PM.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:56 PM

Do you have Office 2003 installed?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:07 PM

who are you asking

johnz414 or izzy

if izzy

yes i do

698mb for office pro 2003
424mb for frontpage 2003
146mb for onenote 2003
231mb for project pro 2003
402mb for visio pro 2003

Edited by Izzy, 25 January 2005 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users