Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I Need Both Iso Fedora Core 7 Images?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Glunn11

Glunn11

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

Howdy! I have come to the decision that Windows Vista is worthless when it comes to compiling C++ programs. Therefore, I have decided to migrate to Fedora 7 as my programming alternative on a Live CD.
I am currently downloading the file Fedora-7-Live-x86_64.iso. There is another one in the same directory on the mirror of which I am downloading from called Fedora-7-Live-KDE-x86_64.iso.
The Fedora Download/Install documentation only says that "The images for Fedora 7 live CDs are:", but do I need both files?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

No. The first one will use the default desktop environment of Gnome. The second disk is a KDE desktop. It's preference really. Can you post the site you are d/l ing from, so I can be for sure I am giving you the right poop? By the title though, that's the difference.
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

#3 Glunn11

Glunn11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, you're right. And it doesn't even matter now, since my discs weren't big enough to hold Fedora anyways (dang those folks at Memorex...). Thanks though - anything helps to get to know Linux better! :thumbsup:

#4 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

It's becoming more and more common these days for linux to be on DVD. You may want to check if that's the problem. If there is a CDROM version, you'll have to check that as well.
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

The Fedora 7 you are downloading Is a Live DVD. As far as I know there are only DVD versions of F7 the 2 Live DVDs and then the current install disc.

Posted Image

#6 Glunn11

Glunn11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

Yeah I'm SOL in the DVD-RW department lol.
I bought some CD-RW's in bulk, so I'm using them.

Edited by Glunn11, 04 July 2007 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users