Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Shield Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JenM101

JenM101

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

I spent all day researching this yesterday...tried several things and nothing works. I get the error InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched. Class not registered. on anything I try to install. I have done the DCOM thing, cleaned out the temp directory, tried to reinstall the shield....deleted the directories and tried to redo it...I just can't find a fix for this. I'm logged in as an Adminstrator and everything. I'm not even sure if I posted everything I have tried. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sutt46

sutt46

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

I also have installer problem on my Dad's computer (E machine, WINXP SP2 Home Edition). Tried to update Java and nothing would happen. Uninstalled and tried to install from Java site. It downloads then I get an errror message "This installation package could not be opened. Verify package exists ..." and so on. I tried an offline installation after saving on desktop and got a different error "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid."

I don't even know what a transform is let alone verify it. I can't find any info on these error messages in MS KB

Sutt

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

Have you visited this sites:

1st Microsoft KB article

2nd Install Shield Engine

I hope these links help.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 JenM101

JenM101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

Yep...tried both of those yesterday. Nothing seems to work. I have been working on computers for 10 years and have NEVER ran acrossed this before. I have talked to several other techs and they keep saying the same thing. I can't install the new installshield because it needs the installshield to install it. I'm about to throw this computer out a window. Grin. Any other suggestions?

Yep...tried both of those yesterday. Nothing seems to work. I have been working on computers for 10 years and have NEVER ran acrossed this before. I have talked to several other techs and they keep saying the same thing. I can't install the new installshield because it needs the installshield to install it. I'm about to throw this computer out a window. Grin. Any other suggestions?

Edited by JenM101, 03 July 2007 - 05:08 PM.

#5 sutt46

sutt46

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Thanks

I read the links, but my error windows say nothing about iKernel.exe. Also, there is no error #

Is Installshield the same thing as Windows Installer?

Thank you,
Sutt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users