Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Won't My Background Show?!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SpartanX

SpartanX

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

I have a strange problem with my computer... My background for my desktop will not apper it. I go into change wallpaper but the selection of the wallpapers I can't click on or do anything with and it's always just a plain color like blue... I'm about to do a system recovery but I rather not seeing all my files disapear... Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

Try Kelly's Korner.

Restore Desktop and Screensaver Tabs - #128 on the right.

As this is a registry edit you should backup the registry first.

How To Back Up The Registry
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 SpartanX

SpartanX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:23 AM

It's still blue... It's does not seem to work... I can't change my wallpaper... Well I can change the color of the flat plain color... I did all the step by step instructions and I even restarted my computer and still nothing... I'm trying to get my WoW screenshot up. If it matters when i restart my computer in the begging it flashes my reagular wallpaper and then goes into a plain blue with all the folders and Files...

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:32 AM

Check to see if you have the Active Desktop enabled. If so, disable it and see if that helps.

How to Enable or Disable the Active Desktop
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 SpartanX

SpartanX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

I Disabled everything and it's still covered by a plain color... When i restarted my computer the background was white and I tryed to put a wallpaper up it stood the same...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users