Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Needs Repair / Cookies Cookies And More Cookies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevinhj

Kevinhj

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:59 AM

i downloaded uniblue but it only repaired 14 errors (trial version), would love to repair the other 100 :thumbsup: , and also every time i let the little ones use the PC they watch videos and a bunch of other noise and then i end up with a bunch of cookies of all makes and models..... i raise the security level on cookies in the internet options and then they complain that they cant watch videos or get in other sites, whats up with that ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

Unless you know what you're doing I would stay away from the registry. Cleaning your registry is unlikely to improve your computer's performance in any noticeable way and you run the risk of really screwing up the operating system.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:42 AM

I agree with Budapest, about the Registry issues.
Unless you have a specific problem you're trying to correct, it's best to stay out of the Registry.
Registry cleaners mark entries as bad, depending on what the software creator thinks, is bad.
That's why no 2 cleaners will find all of the, same "problems".
Registry "problems" actually have very little effect, on the overall performance of the operating system.

As far as the cookies go, many sites require cookies, for the site to function properly.
If they're not tracking cookies, I wouldn't worry too much about them.
A program like Ad-Aware SE, or Spybot S&D, will remove tracking cookies, while leaving the "good" cookies.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users