Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spycrush

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 britborn

britborn

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

I somehow got spycrush installed on my PC. I deleted it thru the add/delete programs but I still have a flashing icon on the right bottom corner which takes me to their site.How do I completely get rid of this?
I am not able to open some cards as I get a message something about the security setting not letting active X come thru. I never had this problem before. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
I'm not very "Computer savvy" so I hope there is an easy fix

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 02 July 2007 - 10:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

Hi britborn..Welcome to bleeping computer
Here are the instructions

How to remove SpyCrush
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 britborn

britborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I downloaded the Smitfraud and saw it on my desktop but when I restared in Safe mode is wasn't there.. Now what do I do?
Thanks
Janet

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

Don't know why smitfraudfix doesn't show up in safe mode. There is an alternative, though. Super Antispyware has had success in removing smitfraud malware and it will remove other malware that accompanies it.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

Thanks buddy215, that is the next step britborn. I was just about to snd the same thing and saw your response.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 britborn

britborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

Thanks to both of you for replying. I can find Smitfraudfix if I do a search of files and folder while I'm in safe mode...should I open it from there?

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

Yes

#8 britborn

britborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

thanks....do I need to close AOL?

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Best only run Smit fix alone even Soper or any cleaning tool ...less interference and nothing is open for active malware

#10 britborn

britborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!...that seemed to do the trick. I was prepared for a long wait for the disk cleanup but it was almost instant. The computer didn't reboot of its own accord so I manually rebooted it. The flashing shield is now gone so I'm assuming Spycrusher is no more.
But I still have a problem that seemed to start when this problem did. Some card sites(Such as Jackie Lawson and another greeting card site) won't load the card. It says"your currect security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page...as a result the page may not display correctly" The Jackie Lawson sent me to a page to upgrade Adobe...but when I tried to do that I got the same message.
I haven't changed any security settings and they always used to open.
Can you help me with this PLEASE!!!!!
Thanks
Janet

#11 britborn

britborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Please ignore the last post. I did another search and was able to find out where the security settings were. Have a feeling my son in law has been messing with my PC. He's the only person other than me who spends time on it.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

If the changing the settings don't do it for you:

I just went to the Lawson Card site using my Firefox Browser without enabling cookies or scripting and I played the animated card full screen. Nice cards by the way.
Firefox doesn't allow ActiveX so I am thinking it is Adobe flash that is your problem.
The usual fix for flash is to uninstall ALL instances of Adobe flash using the special uninstaller and reinstalling. Link for uninstaller:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=1

Also, Smitfraudfix does not remove adware, spyware that usually accompanies Spycrush. Super Antispyware does.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users