Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sons Computer Wont Do Anything

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mypanhead147

mypanhead147

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

My Sons computer is a Dell with Windows XP Home Edition Operating System. When we turn the computer on it tries to load windows and then says disc read error..press control alt delete to restart. And when you do that it brings up the same screen. The computer was running Norton Anti Virus, and is only a litlle over one year old...just out of warranty of course. I would appreciate any help any one would be able to give me as to what to do..since i cant do anything with the computer now to fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

Try doing a last good configuration.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mypanhead147

mypanhead147
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

I cant do a last good configuration because i cant get past the message and black screen ..all i can get is "disc read error.press control alt delete to restart..and it goes thru the same cycle everytime. Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciate since this is beyond what i know to do.

#4 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:27 AM

I would suggest you to do a Repair Install of your Windows. Do you have Windows XP disc with you?

If so, please try to repair your Windows by following the guide here.

#5 mypanhead147

mypanhead147
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

When i insert the Windows Disc..it doesnt do anything...could it be that the hard drive is gone??/

#6 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

Can you go into BIOS? Check to see that the computer recognizes your hard drive and CD/DVD drive.

#7 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Is your first boot device in BIOS setting CD-ROM? If not, then change to CD-ROM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users