Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Often Does Directx Change?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

I'm looking at either a 7950GTS or 8600GT right now, and the 7950GTS I am looking at for power, but the 8600GT for DX10. My question is, about when will DX10 games be made and the 7950 would be outdated?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:15 AM

If I'm not wrong, some games are already running at DX10 but is trial. DX usually changes over few years iirc. So do not worry if you get a DX10 card. It's probably better. Here's a guide on graphic cards etc. Basically telling you which graphic card to get and which not to get. It's a very good guide IMO.

Click here

Also as it is a Singapore forum, all prices listed there are in SGD.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

You may see a couple of DirectX 10 games this year, but they won't really start to show up until next year. Also, DirectX 10 is Vista only.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

What? Are you saying DX10 for an XP machine will be nonexistent?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users