Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Browsing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raghavendra

raghavendra

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

I get the following error message whenever I use internet.I have recently installed win xp pro with servicepack2.will some one guide and help me how to rectify this error. Each time I have to shut down/restart my computer in order to connect to internet. I use BSNL broad Band.

Generic Host Process for win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

Hi raghavendra and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

A supported hotfix is available from Micro$oft. For Windows XP SP2, the Generic Host Process error can occur on any system at any time. Although you receive the error message shortly after system startup, the actual error occurred during the previous system shutdown.

Follow the instructions and download the fix from M$ KB Article: "Generic Host Process" error message.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users